Distracted Driving Accidents
The Lawyers You Need & Deserve
Distracted Driving Accident Lawyers in Chicago
Texting While Driving Accidents
With the rise in cellphone use and texting as a primary means of communicating, more and more people are using their phones for talking and texting while driving. This is often referred to under the umbrella term “distracted driving.” Texting while driving creates a hazard similar to the level of risk from drunk driving. Many jurisdictions, including Chicago, have passed laws that only allow hands-free cellphone use while driving in response to this risk.
It can be hard to know if the motor vehicle accident you were injured in was caused by distracted driving. Our firm has the resources to subpoena phone company records, which can confirm whether or not a driver was talking on the phone or texting at the time the accident occurred.
Having a skilled and experienced personal injury attorney representing you can help ensure that you recover the full compensation you need after a serious accident.
AV Preeminent* Rated Representation for Those Injured in Distracted Driving Accidents
At Trapp & Geller, our firm understands how to conduct thorough investigations that are able to clearly identify the responsible party and hold that person accountable for the injuries they caused. With 30 years of experience helping people fight for the full compensation they deserve, we are able to offer our clients the highest level of quality representation. We have recovered hundreds of millions of dollars for our clients in the past, and we can help you secure the maximum compensation.
Contact the Chicago Distracted Driving Accident Lawyers of Trapp & Geller
We bill on a contingent fee basis. We only get paid if we secure compensation for you. There is no risk and no cost to you.
Common Car Accident Scenarios
Our attorneys have extensive experience in dealing with motor vehicle and car accident cases, including but not limited to:
- Uninsured and underinsured driver accidents: An increasing number of drivers in Illinois do not have enough insurance to cover your medical bills and properly pay for your injuries. In these cases, our attorneys will look for other sources of compensation to get you money. We will go through your own insurance, called underinsured motorist coverage, to get your money. This does not affect your coverage or your premiums and is an effective way to get money for your injuries. These underinsured motorist cases have their own special laws, so it’s important to contact an experienced attorney to handle these cases. Trapp & Geller has achieved millions in underinsured and uninsured benefits on behalf of our clients.
- Distracted drivers: Distracted drivers and texting are constant threats on the roadways today. With the Internet and social media available while people drive, there are many distracted drivers causing serious accidents. Talking and texting on cellphones have become leading causes of accidents in Illinois. If you were injured by a distracted driver, you are entitled to compensation for your injuries. Cellphone records can provide compelling evidence in these cases, and the attorneys at Trapp & Geller know how to get these records to win your case.
- Drunk driver accident and dram shop accidents: Victims of drunk drivers may be entitled to punitive damages, which are damages beyond your actual losses. The attorneys at Trapp & Geller may be able to sue the bar or tavern that sold the alcohol that caused the other driver to get drunk or intoxicated, as another way to get you money for your injuries. In these types of cases, doing an immediate investigation is important, so you should immediately call an attorney for help.
- Hit-and-run drivers: If the other driver hit you and fled the scene, your insurance policy for your own vehicle can provide coverage for your injuries. Even if you were a pedestrian or on a bike, the attorneys at Trapp & Geller can maximize your recovery by using your uninsured and underinsured coverage to get you money.
Other Accidents Scenarios
- Pedestrian injuries: Obtaining compensation can be an uphill battle for pedestrians who are injured in accidents. Drivers of motor vehicles often attempt to shift blame to the person on foot.
- Bike accidents: As a bicyclist, you have the same right to the roadway as people in motor vehicles. Unfortunately, drivers of four-wheeled vehicles often fail to yield to people on bikes.
- Boat collisions: Accidents on lakes and rivers often end in tragedy. Alcohol is often a factor.
Why Choose Trapp & Geller?
We Win. We Guide. We Produce.
More than 25 Years of Experience
Trapp & Geller has a passion for protecting the rights of the injured. We have the skill, experience, and knowledge to provide you with the highest legal advocacy. We will not rest until you get the compensation you deserve.
Customized Legal Strategies
Each of our attorneys is in it to win your case as much of you are and take pride in getting the best possible result. With that, your dedicated attorney is always available and will even text you regarding your goals and case.
Responsive & Informative
Our attorneys work with you one-on-one and make sure that, at every step of the process, you are fully aware of your case. We are fighting for your rights and always make sure that we are doing what is best for you.
Over $400 Million Recovered
The attorneys at Trapp & Geller have the experience and knowledge to not only win, but to win BIG. When you entrust our team with your case, you can rest assured that we will fight for the maximum amount of compensation.