The Chicago personal injury attorneys at Trapp & Geller are proud to announce the offering of our inaugural college scholarship essay contest.
The college scholarship contest is offered to Illinois high school students and first year college students nationwide.
Applicants are asked to answer the question,
“What law(s) would you create or reform to make driving safer?”
Trapp & Geller’s goal is to help support students while also raise awareness about driving safety.
Please review the essay contest rules below and have your essay submission entered by June 1st, 2018.
We look forward to hearing from everyone!
- Submissions close: June 1st, 2018
- Announcement of Winners: June 8th, 2018
There will be three scholarships awarded to winning essays in the amounts of:
- 1st Prize $750
- 2nd Prize $500
- 3rd Prize $250
3 essay winners will be awarded a check from Trapp & Geller to their registered school. These funds must be used to pay for school tuition or school-related expenses.
The essay does not have a minimum length requirement but must be no longer than 600 words. One essay per student is allowed to be entered.
All essays will be judged by Trapp & Geller. Judges will be looking for a clearly presented original solution that is supported with logic and/or data.
We will notify all three winners of their selection on June 8th, 2018.
All application forms and photos must be submitted to scholarsh[email protected] by the deadline of June 1st, 2018.
You can download the Application Form HERE.
To be eligible for the college scholarship essay contest, you must:
- Be a current high school student registered at an Illinois high school
- Or be a current college freshman registered at an accredited college.
- Be a U.S. citizen and permanent resident of the State of Illinois
- Provide proof of enrollment with a Illinois high school or national college/university by providing a transcript and student ID number.
- Submit a digital photo of yourself.
- Please send your application form and photo by email to [email protected] by the deadline of June 1st, 2018. Please use “Scholarship Contest” in the subject line of your e-mail.
*Please note that by accepting a prize, Trapp & Geller hold rights to edit, publish, copy and display your name, photos and biographical information in promotional materials without further compensation or permission, except where prohibited by law.